Soul Eater is an anime that has 51 episodes divided into 1 season, with 17 filler episodes, this adapted up to chapter 37 of the manga, which is where the anime ends (it has 113 chapters, finished) .
- Rating: 4.0/5 ( votes).
- Creator: Atsushi Ohkubo
- Magazine: Monthly Shōnen Gangan
- Editorial: Square Enix
- Published (manga): May 12, 2004 – August 12, 2013
- Studio: Bones
- Director: Haruo Sotozaki
- Music: Taku Iwasaki
- Premiere (anime): April 7, 2008 – March 30, 2009
Death City is the renowned location of the prestigious Death Weapon Meister Academy, overseen by the enigmatic Shinigami, also known as Lord Death. The academy's primary objective is to train individuals to wield "Death Scythes" in defense against the various malevolent forces in their otherworldly realm. Contrary to conventional weapons, these Death Scythes originate from special individuals—human hybrids with the unique capability to transform into Demon Weapons. This transformation is only possible after consuming the souls of 99 malevolent beings and one witch's soul.
At the heart of the narrative is Soul Eater Evans, a Demon Scythe with a penchant for all things cool. His aspiration is to ascend to the status of a Death Scythe, a goal he pursues with the assistance of his disciplined meister, Maka Albarn. The dynamic duo collaborates with the contrasting pair of the spirited Black☆Star and his compassionate weapon Tsubaki. Additionally, they share their academic journey with Death the Kid, the meticulous wielder of twin pistols Patty and Liz and the offspring of Shinigami.
The plot of Soul Eater unfolds as these students of Shibusen embark on missions to harvest souls and safeguard the city from imminent threats. Together, under the watchful eye of the snickering sun, they strive to enhance their mental, physical, and spiritual prowess, working harmoniously towards their common goal.
Soul Eater Filler Episodes List
In this list I will mark you the filler episodes of Soul Eater (if it had them), the extra material of the anime, either ovas or movies will be located in Chronological Order, and finally I will mention in which chapter of the manga the anime ends or in which chapter of the manga to start reading after the anime.
The opening it covers is Resonance (1-3) and the ending is I Wanna Be (1-3) .
- 1. "Resonance of the Soul – Will Soul Eater Become a Death Scythe?"
- 2. "I Am the Star! The Big Man Is Showing Up Here?"
- 3. "The Perfect Boy – Death the Kid's Magnificent Mission?"
The opening it covers is Resonance (4-17) and the ending is I Wanna Be (4-13) and Style (14-17) .
- 4. "Engage the Witch Hunter! A Remedial Lesson in the Graveyard?"
- 5. "Shape of the Soul – Enter the Ultimate Meister Stein?"
- 6. "The New Student – Kid's First Day at the Academy, Will It Be an Entrance to Remember?"
- 7. "Black-blooded Terror – There's a Weapon inside Crona?" * Crona & Ragnarok vs. Maka & Soul Eater
- 8. "The Witch Medusa – Bearer of the Great Terrible Soul?" * Crona & Ragnarok vs. Stein & Albarn
- 9. "Legend of the Holy Sword – Kid and Black☆Star's Great Adventure?"
- 10. "The Enchanted Sword Masamune – Break the Soul Possession: A Heart Sings in the Rain?"
- 11. "Tsubaki, the Camellia Blossom – What Lies Beyond the Grief?" * Tsubaki vs. Masamune
- 12. "Courage That Beats Out Fear – Maka Albarn's Great Resolution?"
- 13. "The Man with the Magic Eye – Soul and Maka's Diverging Soul Wavelength?"
- 14. "The Super Written Exam – Heart-Pounding, Reeling, and Restless. You're Kidding!?"
- 15. "The Soul Eating Black Dragon – Scaredy-cat Liz and Her Merry Friends?"
- 16. "Fierce Battle Aboard the Ghost Ship – The Hell inside My Head?"
"Legend of the Holy Sword 2 – Wanna Go Drinking, Gambling, and Playing?"*Filler
The Awakening of the Kishin
The opening it covers is Resonance (18-24) and the ending is Style (18-24) .
- 18. "The Eve Party Nightmare – And so the Curtain Rises?"
- 19. "The Underground Battle Commences – Break Through Medusa's Vector Arrow?"
- 20. "The Black Blood Resonance Battle! – A Small Soul's Grand Struggle against Fear?"
- 21. "May My Soul Reach You – A Dry Heart inside Unbearable Isolation?"
- 22. "The Seal Shrine – The Immortal Man's Tricks?"
- 23. "Dead or Alive – In the Rift between Revival and Dazzlement?"
- 24. "The Battle of the Gods – Death City on the Verge of Collapse?"
Shibusen vs Arachnophobia
The opening it covers is Resonance (25-30) and Papermoon (31-37) and the ending is Style (15-26) and Bakusō Yume Uta (27-37) .
- 25. "The Death Scythes Convene – Stop Dad's Staff Reassignment!?"
- 26. "The Exciting and Embarrassing Trial Enrollment! The DWMA New Lifestyle Support Fair Is Open?"
- 27. "800 Years of Bloodlust – Advent of the Heretic Witch?"
- 28. "The Sword God Rises – Does It Have a Sweet or Salty Taste?"
- 29. "Medusa's Revival! A Spider and Snake's Fateful Reunion?"
- 30. "The Red Hot Runaway Express – A Magic Tool Left Behind by the Great Wizard?"
- 31. "Drying Happiness! Whose Tears Sparkle in the Moonlight?"
"Legend of the Holy Sword 3 – The Academy Gang Leader's Tale?"* Filler
- 33. "Resonance Link – Play the Melody of the Souls?"
- 34. "The Battle for Brew – Clash: The DWMA vs. Arachnophobia?" * Sid vs. Mifune
- 35. "Mosquito's Storm! Ten Minutes to Fight in the World of the Past?"
- 36. "Unleash the Seven's Resonance Link! A Recital of Destruction and Creation?" * In this episode there are changes regarding the manga, in the fight between Maka, Black Star and Kid vs. Mosquito, Maka attacks and cuts it in half, this does not happen in the manga, Maka never attacks and it is Mosquito who makes a more powerful transformation and the 3 students flee. (Check it in chapter 37 of the manga page 18 onwards)
"The Detective's First Case – Kid Exposes the DWMA's Secret?"* Filler
The Destruction of Arachnophobia
The opening it covers is Papermoon (38-51) and the ending is Bakusō Yume Uta (38-39) and Strength (40-50) .
"Asura's Temptation – The Big Man's Uncontainable Irritation?"*Filler
"Crona's Escape – Show Me Your Smile, Please?"*Filler
"The Cards Are Cut – Medusa Surrenders to the DWMA?"*Filler
"Twirl 'Round and 'Round – A New World in Which the Doc Dances?"*Filler
"Charge Baba Yaga's Castle! Things Are Kind of Gloomy?"*Filler
"The Last Magic Tool – Mission Impossible for Unarmed Kid?"*Filler
"Weakling Crona's Determination – For You, for Always Being by My Side?"*Filler
"Anti-magic Wavelength – Fierce Attack, the Anger-filled Genie Hunter?"*Filler
"Warrior or Slaughterer? Showdown: Mifune vs. Black☆Star?"*Filler
"The Miraculous Coffee Table Flip – Fly, Our Death City Robot?"*Filler
"Lord Death Wields a Death Scythe – Just One Step from Utter Darkness?"*Filler
"Asura Wakes – To the End of the World?"*Filler
"Sink or Swirl ?! The Man Who Exceeds God"* Filler
"The Word Is Bravery!"*Filler
|Last Episode Corresponds to:||We started reading from:|
|The last episode that aired is 36th which was adapted from Chapters 36 (p. 24-41) and 37 (p. 1-30) of the manga, which is where does anime end.||If we want to continue the story in the manga after finishing the anime, we must start reading from Chapter 37 (p. 31) of the manga, this corresponds to Volume 10 (contains chapters 36 to 39).|